How do UI/UX designers at Google work everyday? Is there always something to design?
5 Daily processes UX Designers at Google Use Everyday
According to a UX Designers at Google, they stated:
I lead a team of just over 30 interaction designers at Google, so I have a pretty good idea of what they do.
I’ve worked at multiple tech companies so I can say that their day-to-day isn’t too different than any other companies.
- They sketch, prototype, and critique design work at various fidelity.
- They work with other design disciplines like Visual Design, Motion, Writing, UX
- Engineering/Prototyping, Qualitative and Quantitative Research etc. to collaborate and build concepts to evaluate with users.
- They have meetings with their cross functional (PM and Eng) partners to cover status, plan new projects, and review designs and concepts that each other are working on.
- They define north star visions and concepts to inspire teams and leadership possibilities for the future of the product and company.
- Designers also create a bunch of great video, audio, and written content out in the world too.